An IFAC 2017 special feature
Among the innovative features of the 20th IFAC World Congress, contributions are most welcome to the special Automotive Advanced Control Demonstrators open track and to the associated exhibition of Automotive Demonstrators.
The integration of Mechanical Engineering with Electronics and Automatic Control, explains the spectacular advances made by motor vehicles in the last decades, concerning emissions, fuel consumption, safety, diagnosis and comfort, and will, of course, be the key to future progress too. Recent developments in the area of intelligent autonomous vehicles aim at performing complex navigation and motion tasks in cooperation with other vehicles, human operated systems, and its environment.
During the 2017 IFAC World Congress, a focus is made on the application of Automatic Control in Automotive domain, through:
- Demonstration vehicles
- Demonstrations of new onboard functions
- Systems and equipment demonstrations
- Exhibition of ground transportation systems
- Autonomous vehicles including mobile robots
Open Invited Track contribution
An Open Invited Track is available to gather all scientific contributions to be presented at the World Congress in the dedicated Automotive Advanced Control Demonstrators sessions. Contributions should be submitted following the submission procedure and using the track code 56e4e.
This Open Invited Track aims at combining industrial and academic automotive demonstrators. All scientific fields, methodologies and applicable technologies of automatic control are concerned, including:
- Diagnosis of automotive systems
- Automotive sensors and actuators
- Power trains
- Vehicle dynamic systems
- Integrated traffic
- Connected vehicles
Registration for industrial partners
Participation to the Demonstrators sessions is also possible by simple registration. It provides an outstanding opportunity for worldwide technology showcase on automatic control / mechatronics applications in automotive domain. This is also the opportunity to meet world experts and researchers in the domain. It will provide the companies with an easy, affordable opportunity to present products, services, and to directly promote their activities to their target market.
Automotive Demonstrators Sessions
The automotive demonstrations will take place on Wednesday July 12 and Thursday July 13, 2017 on a dedicated site.
- Wednesday July 12 morning - Installation of exhibitions and on-site rehearsal of demonstrators.
- Wednesday July 12 afternoon and Thursday July 13 morning - Demonstrations and Exhibition open to any customer/partner upon invitation by the exhibitors, and open to Congress attendees upon special registration.
- Thursday July 13 afternoon - Demonstrations and Exhibition open to all Congress attendees. The Congress Banquet will follow on site.
- Friday July 14 morning - Dismounting of exhibition
The exhibition and static demonstrations will be held at Le Manoir Du Prince. The venue offers large modular exhibition spaces and was totally renovated in 2016. It is equipped with a free WiFi Internet access. It offers the possibility to organize round tables and catering for lunch. The partners are proposed to register for:
- Static indoor demonstrations or exhibition booths (200€ per m2 - minimum 6m2). The offer includes two invitations to the congress banquet.
- Static outdoor demonstrations with dedicated space on the private parking lot (40€ per m2 - minimum 12,5m2, i.e. one parking space)
- Round tables to discuss special topics in a dedicated room for 200 attendees (1:30 hour slot at 900€)
- High quality lunches for the team performing the demonstrations and for invited guests (25€ per lunch)
Le Manoir Du Prince is situated in the close to Toulouse suburbs and close-by to a highway. This situation allows open road demonstrations in various road/street configurations. The registrants are responsible for obtaining any needed authorization from the local Prefecture. They are fully responsible legally and should have appropriate insurances.
- Outdoor open road demonstration starting from a dedicated space on the private parking lot (500€)
Across the road, in front of the Le Manoir Du Prince venue, is the Francazal air base. An agreement has been obtained with the operators of this former military base now operating as an industrial site. The agreement covers the following demonstrations facilities:
- Outdoor private road demonstration on the territory of the former accommodation area (1,000€).
- Outdoor test area consisting of a rectangular space of about 100m x 200m (2,000€ for four 1 hour slots, one on Wednesday 12 morning for rehearsal the others for demonstrations on Wednesday 12 afternoon, Thursday 13 morning and afternoon).
- Outdoor test track consisting of a loop including the air base runway (1,800m) and the parallel taxiway (3,000€ for four 30 minutes slots, one on Wednesday 12 morning for rehearsal the others for demonstrations on Wednesday 12 afternoon, Thursday 13 morning and afternoon).
In all cases the registrants are responsible for obtaining any needed authorization from the local Prefecture. They are fully responsible legally and should have appropriate insurances.
|Francazal former accommodation area||Test area in front of the Banquet dinner venue||Test track on the runway|
A standard 6m2 booth includes a table, two chairs, spot lights and an electricity plug.
No default equipment is provided for the outdoor demonstrations.
Indoor and outdoor electricity plugs.
For any additional requirement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All demonstrators will be gathered on the Le Manoir Du Prince venue each evening. Security of all installations will be ensured.