The workshops and tutorials sessions at IFAC 2017 World Congress will take place on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9.
The IFAC World Congress will offer half-day, full-day or two-days workshops and tutorials. Organizers are invited to prepare proposals, which should provide clear and focused education material covering new and emerging topics within the scope of automatic control. Workshops should be interactive, not mini conferences. Workshops with creative organization that ensures strong interactions among the participants are desirable. These sessions are devoted to address current topics showing relevant automatic control applications in any domain and/or future topics based on new developments in theory related to the progress made in technology. The presentations will be delivered by experts in academia, laboratories, and industry.
The tutorial/workshop proposal should describe concisely the content and the duration of the tutorial/workshop. It should contain the following sections:
- Title of tutorial/workshop
- Outline of the tutorial/workshop (topic and description)
- Duration and sessions
- Description of the intended audience and the expected learning outcomes
- Desired prerequisite knowledge of the audience
- The tutorial/workshop speaker(s)
- Brief biographies for each tutorial/workshop speaker (no more than 300 words per person)
Please note that
- A statement addressing why the tutorial is important, why the tutorial is timely, how it is relevant to the IFAC World Congress, and why the speakers are qualified for a high-quality introduction of the topic is required as well.
- If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given and how it will be updated for the IFAC 2017 World Congress. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- It is advisable for the organizers to create some web page of their own that may advertise the workshop or tutorial.
- If there are fewer than 10 preregistered participants, the tutorial/workshop will be canceled.
- In case the tutorial-workhop makes some profit (over 10 participants) it will be shared between the IFAC 2017 organization and the tutorial-workhop chairperson. The payment will follow only after submission of an invoice.
Indicate any additional equipment needed (if any). The standard equipment includes a beamer and a single projection screen.
For further information, please contact us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org